Yesterday I showed you the work involved in commissioning my reweave for the Checked Collar (fabric 6), and I promised to show you how it looked now I’ve received it.
So I thought I’d do a little experiment.
It’s going to be a while before I cut this cloth in anger, so I dug out some reference pictures I have of the original coat, and I took some pictures of my woven fabric.
I’ve highlighted the areas I’ll be using so you can see how well they match up.
I’m pretty chuffed with the result. Certainly looks like I’m on the right track!
Next up are the commissions for the Lining (fabric 14) and the Red Tartan (fabric 1), both of which are already well under way.