I had an ideal opportunity this weekend to get some good pictures taken, which came out pretty good.
Cos I could see how it was coming out, I just had to go the extra mile by making myself a pair of complimenting trousers to go with the coat. I only finished them with a day to spare, but I think it was worth the effort.
I really like the cut and fit of the Five Trousers I make, so used the same pattern, but with some purple-dyed pillow ticking instead.
I also ran myself up a silk cravat from some appropriately coloured lining I had knocking around.
To round off the costume I’m wearing a shirt and waistcoat I wore to a friend’s wedding last year, and my maroon All Stars a la Tenth Doctor.
Overall I am very happy with how things turned out, though I will be looking at the sleeve pattern again as I think they are too wide.
Because I was using velvet, the cuff have come out too bulky on this version, coupled with the excess width they look way too big.
The pillow ticking I will use for the final coat will be much thinner, so this will help.
Do let me know what you think!